Pages

Header

Figuring out how to navigate life as a Navy spouse and homeschool our three kids. Sometimes, at the end of the day, all I can manage to do is make pancakes for supper...

Monday, April 4, 2011

Why yes...

...as a matter of fact that IS jam on my back.

Things are always a little crazy here and before I knew it we had finished reading about Laura Ingalls and how to make head cheese and it was time for lunch. With Madaline hollering in the monitor I quickly determined we were down to peanut butter and honey sandwiches as a quick meal option. Fortunately we had precisely 6 slices of bread left and I slapped our sandwiches together in record time, honey for the kiddos and homemade jam on mine. Before I ran upstairs to get Madaline I set my plate on a box that was on the back of the couch to keep it away from the dog. In retrospect, it wasn't the best location. In the length of time it took me to get the baby and referee an argument between the other 2 offspring I'd pretty much forgotten about the sandwich, as I sat down on the couch I remembered. With the baby in one arm and my foot tucked under me I had far more momentum then I was capable of stopping without dropping my infant on her head. As the plate slid off the box and the sandwich slid off the plate I somehow managed to reach behind me with my right hand and grabbed the sandwich before I actually sat on it. It did however leave a trail of jam down the couch and all over my back. At least it smells better than spit-up...

No comments:

Post a Comment