Pages

Header

Figuring out how to navigate life as a Navy spouse and homeschool our three kids. Sometimes, at the end of the day, all I can manage to do is make pancakes for supper...

Monday, April 4, 2011

The Wagon and How to Fall Off

Okay, so TECHNICALLY I didn't fall off the wagon. I give myself an "off" day each week to eat as I please. Wanna know what happens when you drink a bunch of wine and eat fried seafood after being super strict for two weeks? You feel like crap. I didn't sleep well, I had a headache, I felt slow and puffy, and boy did I ever have to guzzle Diet Coke to get myself going. I think my next day "off" will consist of shrimp salad on a croissant again, that agreed with me a lot more than all the fried stuff.

Other than my epic fall on my free day I had a good week. I completed all my training runs and I was feeling great. I actually started to feel thinner even if I still looked like an Easter egg in some pictures from this weekend. We went on a walk on the beach and I actually played tag with my kids, two weeks ago I would have told them that I don't run. It was great to have Daniel around for a couple of days before he's gone again for awhile and we enjoyed lunch at one of our favorite restaurants, Ted's Montana Grill.

At the end of our first week of weight loss competition Dad and I tied with a weight loss of 2 pounds each. Gotta kick it up a notch this week and I'll really be hitting it hard this month, gotta be looking good for the hubby when he's back around!

At lunch on Saturday Emma cracked me up with a conversation that went something like this:

"I don't like that big doat." (goat)

"What goat?"

"THAT doat!" (points to a bison head mounted on the wall)

"OH, honey that's not a goat. That's a bison."

"A bison?"

"Yes, a bison."

"It ran into the wall?"

"Sort of."

"They chopped off it's head?"

"Yes."

"Oh, okay. I just don't like that doat."

Gotta love talking in circles...







No comments:

Post a Comment