Pages

Header

Figuring out how to navigate life as a Navy spouse and homeschool our three kids. Sometimes, at the end of the day, all I can manage to do is make pancakes for supper...

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Weekly Weigh In 4/16/11 and Other Misc. News

This week has been busy but good, my mother-in-law was here for a few days and I got to take TWO naps! I also go to get lunch with one of my closest friends and I had the pleasure of introducing her to sushi. It agreed with her and we're hoping to make it a regular thing.

Part of my eating plan has been to have a fruit smoothie in the mornings with a scoop of protein powder in it for breakfast. The blender I had was one I'd gotten almost 8 years ago at the exchange for about $20. All things considered it's gotten the job done and been a good blender with the daily use though it started to make weird sounds and would speed up and slow down on whenever it felt like it when in use. After some research and talking to a couple of friends I decided to get a Vitamix. Among this blender's claims to fame is that you can make ice cream in it in about 15 seconds. While I was doing my research I started reading up on green drinks and I'm now on day 3 of a green smoothie challenge. Each day I'm drinking 2 quarts of green smoothies. They are various combinations of water, fruit and greens like spinach or lettuce. For the most part I've been pleasantly surprised that they're not nasty. I am figuring out what method is easiest for me in my crazy life and actually enjoying drinking huge quantities of spinach, lettuce, and kale each day. This lovely machine is what makes it all possible. :)


This past week I took off from the Couch to 5 K training because I'd aggravated my knee and was giving it a break. I plan on resuming starting back with week one on Monday and seeing how it goes. Even with taking a break I weighed in this morning (I've changed my weigh in day to Saturday) and I've lost 3 more pounds! That's a total of 15 lbs in four weeks! So I'm down to 221. I'm hoping all the green drinks help these next 22 lbs melt off so I can get under the 200 mark! In the competition with Dad we're now tied again at 6 lbs each, we'll see who takes the edge this coming week!

Other things of note this week include Madaline getting 2 more teeth for grand total thus far of 7 chompers. She's enjoying the great wide world of baby food and is loving yogurt, carrots, and mixtures of applesauce and carrots and the current favorite of beets and carrots. I just have to strip her down to her diaper when she eats it to avoid bright pink stains on all her clothes.

The farmer's market was fun this week. We got some grass fed beef, tomatoes, yellow squash, honey, bread, orange juice, salad, fresh mozzarella and we were bummed that the guy who sells eggs was out. Apparently they got dropped, literally, he's saving me some next week though.

Emma has transitioned from her tricycle to Aiden's old bike with training wheels and Aiden is reading like crazy. Not just little sight word books but EVERYTHING he sees he's reading. It's amazing and exciting to watch. He will now come up to me and throw facts at me that he's getting out of his school books on his own. Last night he was explaining how when undersea volcanoes erupt the magma cools making new rock and that's what pushes the old rock up to make undersea mountains or when they're big enough, islands.

On Tuesday I had a cleaning service come and clean the house so it's been wonderful having a nice clean house this week with everything in order. It's so much easier to maintain when it's all clean all at once.

The big bummer of the week, last year we got swarmed with thousands of caterpillars/tent worms creeping out of the woods and all over the house. They're back, and they're gross. I hope they don't eat my garden.

Gonna go drink some kale now....

No comments:

Post a Comment