Pages

Header

Figuring out how to navigate life as a Navy spouse and homeschool our three kids. Sometimes, at the end of the day, all I can manage to do is make pancakes for supper...

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Farmer's Market

After being here for a year the kids and I took off this morning and headed to the Fernandina Beach Farmer's Market for the first time. We used to love the weekly market on Coronado and in the spirit of improving my/our diet decided to see what they had to offer. The market is pretty small but what they had was AMAZING! The produce was beautiful and I got some beets, green onions, zucchini and strawberries. I was completely taken in by all the gourmet food available. I can't wait to try the homemade pasta with olive tapenade. The honey is Key Lime honey and is fantastic. It would be a crime to put it with peanut butter, much better eaten by the spoonful. I was also excited to get fresh pastured eggs, homemade marinara sauce, cheeses, and artichoke salad. YUMMY!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Joy, and awesome on the laundry! A major victory.

    ReplyDelete