Pages

Header

Figuring out how to navigate life as a Navy spouse and homeschool our three kids. Sometimes, at the end of the day, all I can manage to do is make pancakes for supper...

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Weekly Weigh In 4/23/11 and Green Smoothies

The past couple of weeks we've had grandparents visiting, multiple appointments with multiple doctors, and just a touch of the gloomies. I've been fighting almost constant tiredness and it's hard to know if it's a side effect of the Zoloft or that I'm singled handedly parenting three kids under the age of six at the moment. As of tomorrow I'll be switched over to taking my meds at night to see if that helps. Every now and then I've felt like I had good thoughts but by the time I have a chance to get to the computer to share them with all my devoted fans I'm wiped out or I've forgotten them completely.

Dad and Mom were here for Easter so we got to weigh in and he's at 9 lbs lost!!! I'm so proud of him! I lost another 2 lbs for a total of 8 so far for the competition (17 overall!!). This week I'm gonna have to get going again working out to see if I can take the edge and kick his ass!

I'm almost done with my 14 day Green Smoothie Challenge. I feel awesome and I really look forward to my two green smoothies a day. I have one first thing and then again mid afternoon. It is really helping to control my appetite and my cravings for junk food, sweets, fast food, etc... are GONE. To help control the cost and also to keep it super quick and easy I'm using pre-cut fruit, washed organic spinach and or mixed baby greens, and water. Sometimes I include a frozen banana to add a bit of creaminess to the texture. A couple of the smoothies I've made have been fairly awful in color, berries and spinach lead a concoction that looks just like thick black mud, the taste isn't that bad though. My favorite combination is banana, mixed fruit or strawberries, and spinach. Next time I'm at Sams I want to load up on mangoes and freeze them to have on hand. Below are my smoothie ingredients, YUM!


Here they are all ready in the blender, have I mentioned that I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Vitamix?


Away we go! It's so much fun to watch this machine totally transform these ingredients in 35-45 seconds. Ta-da! A quart of yummy goodness!


I've only done smoothies so far but this thing can make soup, juice, sauces, salad dressing, bread dough, peanut butter, almond milk, mixed drinks, and of course, ICE CREAM in about 15 seconds. Aiden can't wait for me to try that one!

Hopefully this week I'll get back to feeling more like myself and I'll post more often and regale you with funny anecdotes about the kids and dog. I may even post a few more pictures tonight, I don't feel like trying to reformat this entire post though to add them.


He asked her, "Woman, why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?"

Thinking he was the gardener, she said, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him."

Jesus said to her, "Mary."

John 20: 15-17





No comments:

Post a Comment