Pages

Header

Figuring out how to navigate life as a Navy spouse and homeschool our three kids. Sometimes, at the end of the day, all I can manage to do is make pancakes for supper...

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Oh, Emma!

I have had a very challenging few days. Emma has been pushing the limits and basically trying to run roughshod all over anyone or anything in her path. She can be sweet to the point of bringing tears to my eyes and so difficult I actually have to send us to separate rooms to regroup. I spend half the day with my heart breaking for her because she is the least capable of us to cope with all the changes that Navy life brings, with Daddy being gone so much, with a new baby usurping her role and a big brother telling her what to do. The other half of the day (or 9/10 of it) I spend wishing Swiss boarding schools took almost 3 year olds. This stage is temporary and I don't want to overlook the sweet moments an miss out on her being a little girl, I just wish I had some magic answer to fix it. Trying to think of a solution and staying consistent is exhausting. Aiden, even at his most challenging, was always much quicker to comply and it's hard not to compare them, sometimes I beat my head against a wall trying to make something that worked for him work for her. I know I need to have a plan, stay calm and stop letting the kids know they have the ability to get me worked up. Gotta work on my poker face.

As a side note, Daisy is still VERY VERY nervous about the dishwasher. If it's open and she comes in the kitchen she will stop and back slowly out keeping her eye on it constantly. I would too with a dishwasher that looks like this:




















Weigh in tomorrow, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment