Pages

Header

Figuring out how to navigate life as a Navy spouse and homeschool our three kids. Sometimes, at the end of the day, all I can manage to do is make pancakes for supper...

Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekly Weigh In 4/30/11

This weekend ending up being far busier than I was expecting and for an added bonus I ended up with our poor Daisy at the 24 hour Animal Emergency Hospital.  We were spending the day with friends, kids playing, dogs playing and Daisy ended up with quite the laceration on her hind leg.  LOTS of stitches and several hours later she was put back together and we made it home.  She's doing well, pretty mellow on the pain meds and is enjoying taking liberties like laying on me and snuggling.  The worst part was actually getting everyone back in the house and settled.  When we have normal days I love that my kids are creatures of habit, Madaline eats at 6:30 and is in bed at 7.  By the time 10 pm rolled around last night with only a brief nap in the car seat on the way home she was beside herself.  She was so happy to see her own bed she literally rubbed her face on her sheet, grabbed her Eeyore, and didn't make a peep until this morning.  Her naps today were awesome and she was happy to go right back to bed tonight.  Routine when days are routine are awesome, when we have an unusual day, they can prove to make things more difficult.

My weight loss competition with Dad is over.  I took win with 11 lbs lost!  Dad lost 9!  I so appreciate this support he gave me with this challenge.  My weight loss total thus far is an even 20 lbs!  That's a fourth of the way to my final goal!  Here are some things that weigh 20 lbs.

One of these:


Eighty of these little guys:


About 2 1/2 of these:


Wow, I just got completely sidetracked by the news that Osama bin Laden is dead.  Somewhat more momentous news than my weight loss.  Thank you to all the U.S. Military men and women that have worked and fought tirelessly to see this day come.  Thank you to those that gave all in the fight to keep us safe and secure.  Your sacrifice is not if vain and you will NEVER be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment