Pages

Header

Figuring out how to navigate life as a Navy spouse and homeschool our three kids. Sometimes, at the end of the day, all I can manage to do is make pancakes for supper...

Thursday, May 5, 2011

One Of These Things Is Not Like The Others

Yesterday was one of those days that had me ready for bed at 7, and it would have happened too if things hadn't been so caddywompus.  By time time I was actually getting into bed at 11 I kept thinking of this song from Sesame Street:

One of these things is not like the others, 
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell me which thing is not like the other,
                             By the time I finish my song?

What I would like to know is if you can pick out the thing that did not belong in my day yesterday.  I'm quite interested to see if any of you can guess!

Awake at 4 a.m.
Baby throwing up all over (as I was ready for bed)
Freaked out dog that didn't want to go potty at 10 p.m.
Heard a lion roar from my back yard
Took a nap
Pulled up poison ivy that was growing in the yard

The day, with all it's nuttiness, wasn't really bad though I was just tired.  There were actually some really great moments.  I got a surprise call from my hubby and I CANNOT wait to see him today!!!  What a long month this has been with him gone!  He gets to have the whole weekend off and I am so thankful that we get to spend some time together.  I also can't wait for him to finally me my amazing sister-in-law!  My older brother and I got married 6 months apart (EIGHT YEARS AGO!!!)  and my hubby and SIL have never met each other.  That's what the lives of two active duty Navy families will do to you!  I just hope that having them in the same place at the same time won't cause a break in the Time Space Continuum....

Other bright spot, Starbucks has the Mocha Coconut Frappuccino back on their menu.  Until yesterday I had never tried one and I didn't even know they existed until I read an article about them a few weeks ago and I've been salivating about them ever since.  If you hate coconut then you won't like them but if you do: BEST. DRINK. EVER.  I am going to have to show some amazing restraint not to end up at the drive through ever opportunity I get to enjoy the chocolaty coconutty goodness.

Okay, time for my second cup of coffee before Smallest of All wakes up and I need to check on the poor dog.  Her leg has been swelling some and if it's not improving we're going to have to head to our vet to have it checked out.  No matter what this day holds I know at the end of the day my hubby will be home!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment