Pages

Header

Figuring out how to navigate life as a Navy spouse and homeschool our three kids. Sometimes, at the end of the day, all I can manage to do is make pancakes for supper...

Friday, May 6, 2011

Worth A Thousand Words

Yesterday evening marked the end of what was, all told, about two months of my sweet husband being gone.  In the scheme of military separations 2 months isn't bad, but it is just long enough to really feel like a long time.  He got off the ship a little later than planned so I had a chance to shower (YAY!) and then the kids enjoyed a "picnic" in the car on the way to base.  After a lovely evening walk on the beach to search for treasures we got to go get daddy.  The kids were so sweet seeing him, especially Emma.  All the way home she was asking things like, "Daddy, are you just going to come to my house to play with me?"  "Are you going to stay at my house for a little bit?"  Once we were home Aiden got to show off his mad reading skills and Madaline just smiled and said, "Da Da Da Da Da Da!" Over and over and over....  Can't wait for two whole days with him this weekend!

(I apologize for the lousy quality of these pictures, my phone's camera stinks.  I also apologize for the weird layout, the baby is crying and I gotta finish this up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment